Every man’s style evolves throughout the course of his life, and it’s all part of growing up and discovering his genuine self. But this frequently leaves us wondering if men’s fashion styles are entirely determined by the decade in which they are currently living, or if there is something else at stake.
We’ll figure out what makes a style distinctive for each age group and prove once and for all that age is merely a number that has nothing to do with your look.
Let’s get started.
Dressing your age: Does it really matter?
Dressing your age is a phrase that has been used negatively and as criticism on anyone who stands out with their style. The fact is that people are superficial and love to judge a book by its cover, therefore the true question is whether it matters to you.
Because your style is an extension of your personality, it should reflect you in the best light while also providing you a boost of confidence.
Different ages will necessitate different clothing items because your professional and personal life will evolve with time, as should your wardrobe.
It’s not a smart idea to spend the rest of your life in cargo pants, but middle-aged men don’t have to wear suits all the time. There is a delicate line that will allow you to appear fashionable, confident, and memorable, which are all desirable qualities in a man.
How to dress your age?
Now that we’ve established that dress-up styles for guys are essential and may be utilized as an extension of his personality, we can talk about certain ages and the finest potential combinations to wear.
When it comes to style, there is no right or wrong because it is all about you; nevertheless, there are certain principles that may help you pick a classic style that will never go out of fashion.
Young men under 25
This is the most forgiving period of your life, and it is the ideal time to experiment with styles, fits, and colors. You may wish to be regarded as a somewhat older man, so dress accordingly. The good news is that you can’t really go wrong, and the more you try on different things, the more your style will develop over time.
- Chose the right fit – Pants are a crucial item of clothing that may elevate the overall style and make it appear more polished and sophisticated. Choose a high-quality pair of jeans with dark wash denim. You might even want to try on skinny jeans now that it’s the moment to do so.
- Be careful with shoes – Now is the time to retire your athletic shoes and replace them with something more refined. You may still play with colors, but don’t go overboard.
- Pick a few button-down shirts – These are your new best friend because they can appear both youthful and sophisticated when paired with the appropriate items and attitude.
Mid-twenties to late thirties
You’ve settled into more important responsibilities in your life, job, and even marriage at this point. Your radical experimental era in style should be over, and you should now concentrate on establishing your wardrobe and daily outfits. A few more expensive essential items will go a long way in the long term. You now have a better understanding of your body and what works best for you.
- Buy a suit – Business attire is a crucial component of your everyday appearance, and you should possess at least one suit. Stay traditional by opting for midnight blue colors.
- Add an accessory – Keep simply a watch or wedding band as jewelry, but replace your old wallet with a stylish one that will complement your style and everyday clothes.
- Have different style choices – Chances are you’ll be expanding your work and personal life at the same time, and certain items will need to be family and kid-friendly. So a couple of comfortable denim jackets can liven up such combinations.
Forty to sixty
This age was once thought to be too old for a fashionable wardrobe, but that has changed. Men in their forties with a few gray hairs are enjoying life and, once again, experimenting with style to seem fresh but not overly so.
- Alter clothes – Your body shape may have altered somewhat, and it implies the clothes no longer fit you the same. This is not the end of the fashion journey for you. Find a professional tailor and have them adjust your favorite items.
- Avoid bright colors – Men in their forties are self-assured and don’t need to prove anything to anyone, so staying away from bright colors will enhance your style. Casual clothing can still look fine on you; simply add a couple of collared shirts to appear younger.
Sixty and older
This is the moment to disregard what others say and alter your look by adding some new things to your wardrobe. You’ve done and tried everything at this point, so you know what looks nice on your body type. It’s time to relax while still adhering to dress styles for guys.
- Pick casual jackets – This is a fantastic approach to be both fashionable and comfy. A nice jacket will enhance numerous outfits and make you appear younger.
- Dress code is no longer important – Since you are most likely retired and living life to the fullest, let your clothing reflect that. Choose a comfy shoe and a fashionable hat for those long-planned vacations.
Clothes are the first thing that people notice about us, and as such, they play an important role in defining our personality. It is possible that we will stand out as distinctive, classic, and professional by using carefully chosen colors and exquisite accessories.
You should always keep in mind that your age is only a number and that it does not define you. There is no such thing as an elegant or sophisticated number, and your own style is what distinguishes you.
So, use our advice and put together a wardrobe that best represents the outstanding gentleman you are.